Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spending Money

Never became so easy until recently. My mother sent me a check to pay for school...books, tuition, fees and such. I'm really grateful for it. She had moved away to New Mexico a few months ago. The reasons made clear to us were for a new job, get away from family(which I suppose meant her children as well), better climate for her arthritis, and perhaps some other reasons she'll never reveal to us. To my knowledge, she's currently working, living in an apartment, and still has the Lincoln. Honestly, that's all the information I have. I don't have her address, although if I looked around I could probably find it. I don't have her phone number because our Verizon family plan has been disconnected.

This is an entirely amusing story by itself. My grandmother, bless her in her age and wisdom, has found it extremely difficult to remember when our phone bill is due. Perhaps its old age? Perhaps it's a hint that she no longer wishes to pay the bill and expects the owners of the phones and minutes pay the bill. That would probably be reasonable(although detestful) if it were brought up at an earlier date and time. Unfortunatley... she has decided the burden was too heavy once it became impossibly unbearable to us. Us being my sister, my mother, and myself. I believe the bill right now stands as a towering $800. Our plan is supposed to have us pay a(still expensive) $120 a month. How the bill rose to such a height under our noses is a mystery to me. Maybe she got away will paying some minimum fee.
Anywho... I just got back from midnight adventures with the clan. They just finished seeing Tropic Thunder, I already saw it with Adam, and I didnt feel like it was funny enough to see twice. It was funny don't get me wrong.(dont hurt me!) We went to a diner, I ordered some ridiculous quesadilla "snack" and ate one slice. Spent some time in osiris' car in front of my house as usual, but today with Desmond. I love late night serious talk and reminiscing.
Back on my mothers check. I spent some money on basic clothing. I know, I know... I feel sort of terrible about it. I know that I'm already going to be struggling with my college payments but... I can't resist!!!

This entry was all over the place.
Whatever

No comments: